Thursday, June 10, 2010

Listening....

This week I've been amazed at how God has been talking to me. Okay so I have to be honest, I feel like my life is a never ending cycle of disappointment and busy-ness, therefore I don't take the time to sit down and read my Bible like I was so determined to do this year. So I've been surrounding myself with other medias to receive God's Word during the day.

I started to listen to Smart Talk 1270 about 3 weeks ago, just strictly for the Dave Ramsey Show but I've started to keep it on in the mornings before he comes on. During the 9:00 hour they play a program called Revive our Hearts, it's been very insightful this week. They've been running a series called What Your Husband Wishes You Knew About Being His Wife by Bob Lepine. I've really been convicted by the messages this week. The one they played on Tuesday was all about being your husband's cheerleader. That you should always encourage and uplift your husband....which I have not done over the last 2 years. I've been very close minded and selfish. Lately I've been comparing our current relationship to how it was in California, specifically when we lived in our second apartment for the year after Jimmy came back from deployment. I realized yesterday that I look back at that year as our "wonder year" because it was the year we both were excited about what we were doing outside the home, therefore we were excited to come home and share what happened. We were pretty financially set so we could just leave for the weekend and go to Vegas or San Diego if we wanted to, we were happy. And I think I didn't have to work to be a cheerleader, it was just natural. However, marriage isn't all just "happy" moments, it's not full of "wonder years" and I need to appreciate the hard times just as much as the "easy" times because it's during the hard times we learn to lean on each other and God more.

So I've decided to take the 30-day True Woman make over to better my relationship with God and my husband. I'm also hoping that it will help me appreciate my life, my family, and my circumstances more.

So Yes God I am listening.....and now I'm acting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren it sounds like you have learned so many things already but with what you are doing you will learn so much more, way to take control!!!! It is so true the importance of supporting your husband. One of our Pastors years ago talked about this very thing and how it is important to only say positive things to others about your spouse. You and Jimmy are very lucky/blessed to have each other and Lindsay, I know God is going to continue to bless your family. You will be the example other women look at and want to have the happy, fulfilled and most of all Blessed life. Keep God in your life, marriage and family and you will be what God wants you to be. I will be praying for you. Conni.